Saturday, August 20, 2011

Marie's Maiden Post: On the Move

I'm taking a break from packing (well, ok, a break from staring at my suitcases) to create my first-ever blog post.

How exactly do you create a first-ever travel blog post?

I guess I should start by introducing myself.  Hello!  My name is Marie, and I'm a student from Upstate New York.  I recently graduated from SUNY Geneseo's Bachelors' in Communication program, and in just a few days, I'm off on my next big adventure to begin Masters' in Journalism in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Edinburgh, Scotland- The View from Calton Hill
But if you're on this blog, this is probably old news to you.

What you may not know is that I've been struggling with myself about whether I should enter blogosphere for quite some time now.  I love reading travel blogs, and though I've often thought that writing one could be fun, I've often felt that I don't have anything of value to contribute to an already thriving community of young blogger-backpackers.  However, today at lunch my Aunt called me out on my BS.  She reminded me that as an aspiring Journalist, I should definitely have some work on the internet, so here I am, an hour later, starting "Marie on the Move."  It's a catchy name, no?

In writing this blog, I hope to document my adventures in Scotland, as well as offer my opinions and advice about living, studying, and travelling abroad in general.  Please do leave comments and suggestions-- I'm hoping this blog can become a forum to connect with friends everywhere!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Marie! Glad I could help to get you started. Look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, talk about starting to follow you blog late. I hope you can forgive me. I'll catch up- I promise. Looking forward to living in Scotland (virtually) through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries about coming to it late- I'm just so glad you're reading it :-) !!

    ReplyDelete